Escorted Greece Tours 2022 and 2023
Greece is said to be the birthplace of philosophy, democracy, drama, mathematics, the Olympic games, and so much more. Greece tours cover the areas from the heart of Athens, to the famous Greek Isles of Mykonos, Crete, Patmos, and Santorini. Greece tours walk you through every aspect of the fascinating beauty and history of Greece.
Visit just Greece, or combine a trip with Italy or Turkey. Greek island-hopping vacations from Athens to Santorini and Mykonos are popular for both honeymooners and families alike. Our favorite months to travel to Greece are May, September, and October.
One of the reasons it is best to take an escorted Greece tour, instead of traveling on your own, is the unexpected trouble you may encounter when trying to get from one island to another. At times, heavy seas prevent the smaller boats from traveling or causing them to stop at unscheduled islands and make you miss a ferry connection. By having an organized trip with the larger cruise or tour companies, you will prevent any of these inconveniences. Don't fret if a group of 40 people does not work for you, either, there are still organized trips you can take and have ample free time on your own. While not part of a larger group, you can still have your hotel, breakfast, and essentials included.
Greece Fun Facts:
- Greece is made up of over 1,400 picturesque islands (only 169 are inhabited).
- 80 percent of Greece's landscape is made up of mountains surrounded by amazing blue seas, offering some wonderful photo opportunities.
- The yo-yo toy, the 2nd oldest toy in the world, originated in Greece around 3,000 years ago.
- Greece is about the size of the state of Alabama, but don't assume that it's that easy to get around, since mountain roads and seas can slow down your trip.
- Greece is the 3rd leading producer of olives in the world.